Twelve more people have been arrested on a variety of drug charges, according to court records that have been made public. Some of the cases are connected with last week’s ongoing -extensive round-up of alleged drug dealers conducted by the county’s Narcotics Enforcement Unit (NEU) while others are independent investigations led by other law enforcement agencies. All the alleged drug transactions occurred in the city unless otherwise noted.
Those charged for allegedly dealing or using illegal drugs and the police departments involved were:
• Alshameer Pater- son, 22, of Sunbury; South Williamsport police; possession with intent to deliver 47 grams (three bricks)
of heroin , conspiracy, possession of marijuana and convicted felon not to possess a firearm; he was a passenger in a car driven by Antonio Carpenter, 25, of Shamokin; who was charged with identical drug offenses, but the gun charge was different, possession
of firearm without a license; the two were
in a vehicle that was stopped on Seventh Avenue in the borough on Aug. 13; the loaded firearm was found in a fanny pack on the floor on the passenger side of the vehicle; both men were jailed in lieu of $100,000 bail each.
• Jahreese Strickland, 24, of 609 Tenth Ave.; additional charges filed by NEU; posses- sion with intent to deliver cocaine to a confidential informant in for $300 the 600 block of Campbell Street on April 20; jailed in lieu of $85,000 bail.
• Ramir Young, 23, of Williamsport; who goes by the street name “Dooda,” NEU; delivery of 14 bags of fentanyl to an informant for $100 in the 300 block of Rural Avenue on Jan. 20; jailed in lieu of $85,000 bail.
• Sean Smith, 52, of 326 Bridge St.; NEU; delivery of crack cocaine to an informant on three occasion Dec.
3 and Jan. 14; the sale occurred at Smith’s apartment; jailed in lieu of $75,000 bail.
• Shaquan Taylor, 20, of 810 1/2 Penn St.; two sets of charges; one by NEU; possession with intent to deliver 69 grams of marijuana at Third and Park avenues on Dec. 28; second set filed by state police; possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia at Four Mile Drive and Northway Road on July 23; initially jailed, but now free on $55,000 bail.
• Danielle Andrews, 25, of 305 Campbell St.; NEU; possession with intent to deliver eight bags of heroin to an informant for $160 at Wildwood Boulevard and High Street on Jan. 16; released on $50,00 bail.
• Zada Vaughn, 21, of 1016 Elmira St.; NEU; illegal sale of a non-con- trolled substance and conspiracy for the sale of what was suspected to be cocaine to an in- formant for $250 on Old Cement Road outside Montoursville on Oct. 31; it turned out that what was sold was not a controlled substance; released on $5,000 bail.
• Kurt Beattie, 40, formerly of the 1700 block of West Southern Avenue, South William- sport, now of 402 1/2
S. Market St., South Williamsport; NEU; delivery of one bag of a half a gram of suspected crack cocaine for $100 in the 400 block
of Hepburn Street last Sept. 26; released on $50,000 bail.
• Kwary Alford, 21, of 743 W. Edwin St.; NEU: possession with intent to deliver 16 bags of heroin to an informant for $140 at Campbell Street and Rural Avenue last Sept. 13; jailed in lieu of $85,000 bail.
• Jacob Heddings, 18, of 906 Weldon St., Montoursville; Montoursville police; pos- session of marijuana and drug paraphernalia in the 1400 block of Broad Street on July 10; free on $5,000 bail.
• Faith Yuksel, 20, of Philadelphia, state police; possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia on Route 44 in McHenry Town- ship on April 12; free on $1,500 bail.
Today’s breaking news and more in your inbox