The coronavirus (covid-19) pandemic has led Arizonans to buy more medical marijuana as they stock-up during these uncertain times.
The Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) reported that in March Arizona medical marijuana patients bought 2,208 lbs (35,335 ounces) more marijuana than they did in February.
Arizonans purchased a total of 17,094 pounds (273,518 ounces) of marijuana in March:
- Marijuana flower: 15,407 pounds (246,527 ounces)
- Marijuana edibles: 511 pounds
- Other marijuana: 1,175 pounds
Arizonans purchased a total of 14,886 pounds (238,183 ounces) of marijuana in February:
- Marijuana flower: 13,384 pounds (214,157 ounces)
- Marijuana edibles: 458 pounds
- Other marijuana: 1,043 pounds
Arizona dispensaries are able to remain open during the pandemic because they’ve been deemed as essential businesses. However, many dispensaries are only selling marijuana via online ordering and distributing it via pick-up and/or delivery.
Contact your local dispensary to learn about their recent operational changes because of coronavirus.