Marijuana is one of the most talked-about herbs in the world, especially after its legalization in many parts of the world. As it’s being researched more and more, we are realizing so many incredible benefits of this plant.
The popularity of marijuana has increased so rampantly that even the skin industry is obsessed with it. As the market for skincare products continues to rise, manufacturers are coming up with interesting products to offer. Cannabis induced skincare products are trending around the globe as they have multiple benefits for the skin. Cannabis-infused topicals, creams, lotions, balms, and salves are being used by millions of people across the globe. Cannabis used in skincare products contains non-psychoactive CBD.
Here are six benefits cannabis can have on your skin:
- Cannabis helps with skin irritationAs of today more than 9% of the world’s population suffers from different kinds of skin problems.
When you apply cannabis on your skin, you will experience pain relief and reduced swelling making it ideal to help with bug bites, scratches, and other skin abrasions. The application of CBD relaxes and soothes skin and can be used to treat rashes, dry skin, and more serious skin conditions like atopic dermatitis (AD), which is the most common type of eczema. What’s more, the high concentration of polyunsaturated fatty acids present in cannabis can help to relieve the itching and inflammation associated with eczema. According to research from the National Eczema Association (NEA), cannabinoids bind to receptors in the skin that could reduce the symptoms and appearance of AD.
Additionally, If you have dry skin or rashes because of the winter using a CBD induced lotion on your skin can add an extra level of moisture.
- Cannabis Alleviates Symptoms of Psoriasis Psoriasis is a skin disease that is characterized by itchy, painful red patches on the skin. Currently, there is no known cure for the condition. Cannabis, however, is proving to be a powerful treatment for psoriasis. According to a study, the cannabinoids in cannabis was found to inhibit the buildup of dead skin cells, a direct cause of psoriasis. While more research is needed, anecdotal evidence suggests cannabis as a potential treatment for psoriasis.
- Cannabis can help with anti-aging Something that no one in this world can escape from is the process of aging.
No matter how many fruit juices you drink, your skin will start losing the charm of a youthful look after a certain age.
However, a study revealed that CBD found in cannabis is a more powerful antioxidant for the skin as compared to vitamin C and E, both of which are responsible for removing wrinkles and lines from the face. In addition, they also neutralize free radicals and keep them from damaging the collagen and elastin in your skin, keeping your skin tight and youthful in appearance. So not only does cannabis make your skin looking more youthful, it also keeps it healthier.
So if you incorporate CBD infused lotion in your routine, you will start witnessing a natural glow on your skin.
- Cannabis fights bacterial skin infections No one can deny that pollution has encapsulated most of the world. One of the aftermaths of pollution is skin issues.
You’d be surprised to know, medical studies prove that cannabis has some properties that enable it to fight skin infections. According to a study, cannabis contains antimicrobial and antibacterial properties that can help in fighting skin infections. Both THC and CBD, the most popular compounds in cannabis, were found to provide relief for numerous bacterial skin infections like boils, cellulitis, impetigo, and even folliculitis. According to a study, cannabis fights against MRSA, a bacterium that causes difficult-to-treat infections since it does not respond to many antibiotics. MSRA or Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus causes infections in different parts of the body, causing a life-threatening infection.
In severe cases, skin infections can cause massive damage to the face that can deteriorate the physical appearance to a great extent.
CBD infused lotions are pivotal in helping a person get rid of severe skin infections.
- Cannabis combats acne Millions of people suffer from acne and several undergo treatment every minute. Acne breakouts occur because of the overproduction of sebum that is a sticky liquid produced by the skin.
Cannabis has several antibacterial properties that help in treating bacterial skin infections.
Cannabis is loaded with essential fatty acids which provide hydration that is often found to be lacking in people with acne. Its antibacterial properties can help treat the bacterial infection on the skin which is a major contributor to acne. Cannabis skincare products are non-comedogenic, meaning it won’t clog pores, they have anti-inflammatory properties, and they’re rich in antioxidants.
Moreover, another study showed that CBD cannabidiol inhibited and helped regulate lipid production, helping to combat excessively oily skin. The study showed that the cannabinoids in cannabis can improve the appearance of acne because they are natural anti-inflammatories and can help to reduce the inflammation of active acne. Also, CBD-infused lotions can help in keeping dry skin moisturized for a long time.
- Cannabis Boosts the Protective Shield Cannabis contains vitamin A and D that contribute to the skin’s natural barrier function as they stimulate cell regeneration for healthier skin. The vitamins in cannabis help to protect the skin against damage from the sun, smoke, and other environmental pollutants. Moreover, fatty acids also protect and strengthen your skin’s outer layer, giving you healthy and more radiant skin.
So far, cannabis is the single natural and non-irritating ingredient that is known to help with a number of skin ailments. Though the use of cannabis in skincare is still fairly new, as scientific research into the therapeutic applications of cannabis proceeds, it is possible that even more benefits for skin will be revealed, so let’s see what future unfolds for us in terms of cannabis benefits for the human body. It’s no wonder that topical application of CBD skincare products is working its way into the skincare regimen of cannabis believers and skeptics alike.
If you are suffering from any skin condition ask your dermatologist about CBD-infused products and if they’d be right for you.