CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. (WVLT/WWSB) — Two men are behind bars in Florida after the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office said deputies pulled over a vehicle for speeding and found an array of THC-laced deserts Thursday.
The sheriff’s office said the driver, Shavon Morgan, was driving a rental car on a suspended license, and when they pulled the car over, deputies noticed a strong smell of marijuana. Investigators said they denied having a medical marijuana license.
When deputies further searched the car WWSB reported they found multiple items including:
– a large cake weighing over 4 lbs testing positive for THC
– scale with marijuana residue
– plastic bag weighing 132.5 grams including 113 pre-rolled marijuana cigarettes
– 27.1 grams of marijuana inside a device utilized to make pre-rolled marijuana cigarettes
– 109 bear-shaped bottles of THC drinks located inside a cooler
– Seven Captain Crunch treats individually packaged for a total of 684.1 grams.
– Seven Rice Crispy treats individually packaged for a total weight of 699.7 grams.
– Seven Trail Mix treats individually packaged for a total weight of 773.4 grams.
– Seven Coco puffs treats individually packaged for a total weight of 803.6 grams.
– Six Fruity Pebbles treats individually packaged for a total weight of 592.1 grams.
– Eight Fruit Loop treats individually packaged for a total of 835.1 grams.
– An aluminum tray with 53 individually packaged cake pops.
– 31 brownies and 7 cookies.
Deputies said they also found several items used to market a bakery business, brand labels, serving trays and bags. According to deputies the items were being transported to sell. Both suspects were arrested on drug charges and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Copyright 2020 WVLT News via WWSB. All rights reserved.