MARTINSBURG, W.Va. — More than 35 locations are being considered in the Eastern Panhandle for various medical cannabis operations.
Locations for 24 proposed dispensaries, six processors and six growers have been approved by the boards of health for Berkeley, Jefferson and Morgan counties, officials said Thursday.
The state’s scoring of applications, beginning with growers, and the issue of permits, is expected to continue into the fall, West Virginia Office of Medical Cannabis Director Jason Frame said in June.
Statewide, medical cannabis industry applications were received for 44 growers, 41 processors, 199 dispensaries and one laboratory during the application period, which was from December and February, Frame said.
Up to 100 dispensary permits are allowed under state law.
Frame said the first medical cannabis products are anticipated to be available to patients in late spring 2021.
Six proposed processor-grower operations have been proposed at in the Eastern Panhandle.
• 882 T.J. Jackson Drive in Falling Waters, Columbia Care WV LLC
• 259 Monroe St. in Martinsburg, Kool Leaf Inc.
• 201 Lawn St. in Martinsburg, New Leaf WV LLC
• Coast Guard Drive and Charles Town Road in Kearneysville, Harvest Care Medical LLC
• 362 W. Burr Blvd. in Kearneysville, Greenhouse Wellness of West Virginia LLC
• 635 Wheatland Road in Charles Town, Organic Remedies WV Inc.
Dispensaries are being considered at a number of Martinsburg-area locations, as well as in Berkeley Springs, Charles Town, Hedgesville, Inwood, Kearneysville, Ranson and Shepherdstown.
While county boards of health have been included in the application process, Berkeley-Morgan County Board of Health Administrator Bill Kearns said Thursday that permitting and oversight is being handled at the state level.
The county health departments also don’t receive any of the fees being collected and the health boards received little guidance on review of the locations proposed by medical cannabis businesses, Kearns said.
Berkeley County voters overwhelmingly approved a referendum in last month’s primary election to allow state-licensed medical cannabis organizations to operate in areas of the county that are outside of the municipalities of Martinsburg and Hedgesville.
According to the official results, 67% of the voters were in favor of allowing medical cannabis businesses to locate in the county and nearly 33% voted against them.
In addition to growers and processors, the following locations have been proposed for dispensaries:
• Biome Medicinals LLC, 805 E. Moler Ave., Martinsburg
• Capital Mountain LLC, 204 Racetrack St., Ranson
• Greenhouse Wellness WV Dispensaries LLC, 396 Hack Wilson Way, Martinsburg
• Greenhouse Wellness WV Dispensaries LLC, 835 W. Washington St., Charles Town
• Green Spot Wellness LLC, 1012 E. Washington St., Charles Town
• Green Spot Wellness LLC, 43 Elwood St., Martinsburg
• Harvest Care Medical LLC, 672 E. Washington St., Charles Town
• Harvest Care Medical LLC, 791 Middleway Pike, Inwood
• Harvest Care Medical LLC, Banner Drive, Liberty Business Park, Kearneysville
• Harvest Care Medical LLC, 231 Aikens Center, Martinsburg
• Harvest Care Medical LLC, 70 Maddex Square Drive, Shepherdstown
• Harvest Care Medical LLC, 7330 Martinsburg Pike, Shepherdstown
• Holistic WV Farms I LLC 304 Rock Cliff Drive, Martinsburg
• Kindred Medical Cannabis 5 LLC, 206 S. Viking Way, Martinsburg
• New Leaf WV LLC, 261 Beckmore Place, Berkeley Springs
• New Leaf WV LLC, 118 Hovatter Drive, Inwood
• New Leaf WV LLC, 179 E. Burr Blvd, Kearneysville
• New Leaf WV LLC, 764 Foxcroft Ave., Martinsburg
• New Leaf WV LLC, 71 Cowardly Lion Drive, Hedgesville
• V3 WV Vending LLC, 205 S. Viking Way, Martinsburg
• Virginia RE LLC, 137 N. Queen St., Martinsburg
• Wild and Wonderful Therapeutics LLC, 4922 Williamsport Pike, Martinsburg
• WVLINE LLC, 57 Middleway Pike, Inwood
• WVLINE LLC, Somerset Boulevard, Charles Town