OPP have seized a lot of pot as part of an investigation involving the Northumberland Peterborough Community Street Crime Unit.
The ongoing investigation led to a traffic stop on the eastbound Highway 401 in Hamilton Township yesterday afternoon, where officers found 240 pounds of marijuana.
Sixty-year-old Marina-Anne Parris and 24-year-old Rebekah Foote were both arrested and charged with numerous drug possession and trafficking charges including:
- Possession for the purpose of distributing, Cannabis
- Possess, produce, sell, distribute or import anything with intention to use it to produce, sell, or distribute illicit cannabis
- Possession of over 30g dried cannabis (or equivalent) in public place
- Possession of illicit cannabis
- Possessing cannabis for purpose of selling
Both were released from custody with conditions and are scheduled to appear in court on August 26.