Fort Myers Police made an arrest Tuesday after finding more than 11 pounds of marijuana at a local hotel.
On Tuesday, police executed a search warrant at The Hyatt Place Hotel on Champion Ring Road, which led to the seizure of the marijuana and more than $7,000 in U.S. currency along with the arrest of Adam Castro, 28.
Hotel Management requested patrol officers evict the occupants of room538 after receiving a tip about marijuana possession and sales from the room, according to a news release.
Officers went to the room and made contact with Castro. While officers were speaking with Castro, they discovered evidence of drug sales.
According to his jail records, he is from Fort Myers.
The Vice and Narcotics Unit seized:
- 36 vacuum-sealed bags of suspect marijuana weighing approx. 11.65 pounds in suit case and UPS Shipping box
- 140 retail packages of “Nerds” marijuana candy edibles (each package labeled to contain 500mg of THC).
- 8 small retail packaged marijuana candy edibles weighing 104.3 grams.
- 33 grams of marijuana wax.
- Three glass jars containing marijuana wax.
- Digital scale and numerous packages typically used to package edible marijuana candy for retail sale.
- $7,444.00 in U.S. currency seized, pending civil forfeiture.
- Marijuana wax diffuser.
- Multiple laptops and cellular phones.
Castro was arrested and charged with an out-of-state warrant from Colorado for drug possession, possession of marijuana with intent to sell, possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell and possession of drug paraphernalia, the release states.
The Department of Children and Families was also contacted because of a child living in the hotel room with Castro and his girlfriend.
Read or Share this story: https://www.news-press.com/story/news/crime/2020/06/23/police-arrest-man-after-finding-11-pounds-marijuana-hyatt-hotel-room-fort-myers/3245785001/