DETROIT (WWJ) – A recall has been issued for vape cartridges sold to medical marijuana patients in Detroit and Bay City.
The Marijuana Regulatory Agency says Vitamin E Acetate was found in several vape cartridges that failed safety compliance testing in December 2019 and February 2020. This recall also includes vape cartridges that did not have the required Vitamin E Acetate testing completed.
The cartridges were manufactured prior to the Emergency Rules for marijuana products filed on November 22, 2019.
All affected vape cartridges will have a label that indicates the license number of the marijuana facility that sold the marijuana product as well as tag number assigned to the product in the statewide monitoring system.
Recalled products were sold at the following locations:
- Elite Wellness Bay City (License PC-000031) 3389 Huron Road, Bay City, MI 48706
- Dank Vapes 1G: including Jack Herer, Sour Diesel, Cherry Pie, LA Confidential, Ancient OG, Purple Punch, Lemon Berry, Watermelon, Wedding Cake, Mars OG, Rose Gold, Ace of Spades, and ATF
- Monopoly Cart 1G: including Hardcore OG, Mimosa, Fruity Pebbles, Krispy Kreme, Blueberry Muffin, Strawberry Shortcake, and Grape Soda
- Plan B Wellness (License PC-000137) 20101 8 Mile Rd, Detroit, MI 48219
- Detroit Natural Selections Enterprises Inc. (License PC-000220) 3394 S. Fort St., Detroit, MI 48217
- Choice Tropicana Cookies Live Resin Cart 1G (untested)
Patients or caregivers who have these affected vape cartridges in their possession should return them to Elite Wellness Bay City, Plan B Wellness, or Detroit Natural Selections for proper disposal.
Patients who have experienced symptoms after using these products should report their symptoms and product use to their physician.
Patients and caregivers are requested to report any adverse product reactions to the MRA via email: MRA-Enforcement@michigan.gov or via phone: 517-284-8599.