https://cannabisexaminers.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/TM-comp-DogCannabis.jpg
SHARE



A DOG almost died after munching on cannabis plants fly-tipped on farmland.

Staffie Zara was rushed to the vet after she started convulsing.

Owner Louise had to rush staffie Zara to the vet after she ate cannabis dumped on farmland

3

Owner Louise had to rush staffie Zara to the vet after she ate cannabis dumped on farmlandCredit: Mercury Press

They diagnosed cannabis poisoning but she is now on the mend.

Louise Fields, 34, adopted the three-year-old mutt while working at Dogs4Rescue.

She said: “Zara was very ill. Her eyes were flickering, and she had jolting tremors.

“She couldn’t co-ordinate her limbs. I knew I needed to act fast.

“Zara is only small and all she needed was a little dose for the drug to have serious side-effects.

“The thought of losing her is unimaginable.

“I’m over the moon that she’s back to her former self.

Louise says the thought of losing Zara is 'unimaginable'

3

Louise says the thought of losing Zara is ‘unimaginable’Credit: Mercury Press

“My message to anyone whose dog starts behaving weird is to ring the vets straight away.

“If we had waited any longer, it could have been too late.”

Louise urged dog walkers to be careful at Irlam Moss, Gtr Manchester.

Zara, pictured with Louise and vet Rick, is now on the mend after being diagnosed with cannabis poisoning

3

Zara, pictured with Louise and vet Rick, is now on the mend after being diagnosed with cannabis poisoningCredit: Mercury Press
RSPCA fears huge rise in pets being abandoned as lockdown eases

GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL exclusive@the-sun.co.uk

0
SHARE

Leave a Reply